The tool then allows the user to develop a customized type curve based on the wells selected for analysis and outputs an EUR.
The custom type curve feature allows for a very interactive experience as the type curve overlaying the production plots and the calculated EUR updates on the fly as changes are made to the custom inputs.
- Identifies best performing wells in a basin, county, or any chosen area based on a variety of production variables and marks wells on a map.
- Tracks the development of an area by plotting the number of spuds and new TIL’s per month; tracks the 5-year spud and TIL activity to show ramping up vs cutting back by operator; tracks gas and oil production growth by operator or zone.
- Develops a probability plot for a variety of production variables with the ability to filter out outlying wells; develops a P1, P10, P50, P90, P99, and a Swanson’s Mean for chosen variable.
- Creates a gas, oil, MCFE, and BOE monthly production plot and a cumulative production plot normalized by days on production.
- Develops a custom type curve with input variables of Qi, b, Di, and the annual percent decline to switch from hyperbolic to exponential; includes functionality to define Qf, a time cut off, and a time period to hold Qi flat during initial months of production.
- Calculates an EUR based on the custom type curve.